PATIENT & PARENT RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Bring in appointment card to every visit to enter monthly drawing.
2. Bring any removable appliances (neckgear, headgear, retainers) to all appointments.
3. Be on time for your appointments.
4. Give the office at least 24 hours notice if you are unable to keep your appointment.
5. Brush your teeth after every meal and snack.
6. Wear your removable appliances and elastics as instructed.
7. Take ibuprofen (Advil) or acetaminophen (Tylenol) for discomfort.
8. We must be informed of any loose or broken braces, even if it is not uncomfortable, prior to your scheduled appointment in order to reserve extra time for repair.
9. Excessive breakages and repairs will result in an additional charge.
10. See your general dentist every six months for regular cleanings and checkups.
1. Eat hard or sticky candy or foods. No caramel, taffy, Skittles, Mentos, Starburst, Jolly Ranchers, etc.
2. Eat popcorn, crunchy pretzels, or waffle ice cream cones.
3. Eat hard chips. Doritos, Crunchy Cheetos, Fritos, etc.
4. Bite into whole apples, carrots, celery, corn on the cob, ribs, etc. You can still eat these types of food, but they need to be cut up into small pieces, cut off the cob/bone. Do not sink your teeth into them.
5. Hard crust on bread.
6. Crack nuts with your teeth, including sunflower seeds.
7. Chew gum or ice.
8. Never pick at your braces with your fingers, chew pens or pencils, or bite your fingernails.
The complete success of your case finishing in the designated time depends upon your full cooperation.